lunes, 11 de enero de 2010

TUTORIAL DE CAJAS DE ANDREAWALFORT

http://www.iheart2stamp.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/box_tutorial.JPG
SS Card Box Finished
Here it is finally as promised – the tutorial for the Simply Scrappin’ Kit Card box which I learned how to make at the London Stampede last weekend.
From one piece of 12″ x 12″ solid coloured cardstock, cut a piece 12″ x 9 1/2″ for the box bottom.
SS Card Box pic 1
Working along the 12″ side score 2 1/2″ in, at one end, then 2 1/2″ in, at the other end.
SS Card Box pic 2
Now align the paper so that you are working along the 9 1/2″ side and score 3 1/2″ in on one side and then 3 1/2″ in on the other side.
SS Card Box pic 3
Crease along the score lines with a bone folder, then cut the flaps as shown in the picture above.
SS Card Box pic 4
Measure the halfway point along the 12″ side of the cardstock, and then 2″ down, and make a little mark with a pencil.
SS Card box pic 5
Adhere a sticker over the pencil mark and put an eyelet in the center.
SS Card Box pic 6
Using sticky strip fold up one of the sides and attach it to the center flaps.
SS Card Box Pic 7
Again using sticky strip, fold up the other side.  The base of your box is now complete.
SS Card Box pic 8
For the top of your box, take a piece of printed 12″ x 12″ cardstock at cut it at 7″ x 5″.  Working on the 5″ side, score 1″ in on one side and then 1 1/2″ in from the other side.  Fold along the scored lines with your bone folder.
SS Card Box pic 9
Place sticky strip along the 1″ flap.
SS Card Box Pic 10
Before adhering to your box bottom, working along the 7″ side, find the center and then attach another sticker so that it is also centered between the top and bottom of the 1 1/2″ flap. Again put an eyelet in the center of the sticker.
SS Card Box Pic 11
When attaching the top to the bottom it is easiest to align correctly when you have the top laying on the table, and you position the box on the top as shown in the picture above.  Remove the backing from the sticky strip and fold and adhere the 1″ flap upwards.
SS Card Box Pic 12
As a last step, cut 2 pieces of grosgrain ribbon so that they are 9″ long.  Tie a knot on one end of each and then feed it through the eyelets, so that the knot is on the inside of the box.
SS Card Box Finished
You’re all done!  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Any questions please leave them in the comments section and I’ll reply in the comments section as well. Have fun!
Table Favor When I was at the Hamilton, ON Regional Convention, we were shown an adorable table little table favour.  The template was created using Stampin’ Up!’s print pattern background stamp.  When I got home and made it, although I loved it, I found that it was too tiny to be practical – you could maybe fit about 5 jelly beans in it!   Stamp club project comparison
I started playing around with the general design, and created a template for a larger version. You can see the difference in size if you take a look at the picture on the left.  I also discovered a way to simplify making this a little, which I’ll share later on in this tutorial.
The next picture you see shows most of the supplies necessary to create this project.  As you can see, there’s not an awful lot, which is why this is an awesome project for beginning paper crafters. The only other thing you will need is a paper trimmer with a scoring blade, or another means of scoring.
Table Favor Tutorial pic 1
You will need:  a 6″ x 6″ sheet of designer paper, a 1/4″ square punch, Sticky Strip, Sharp scissors, a bone folder and some ribbon.
Table favor template pic 2
Above, is a picture of the template that I designed, along with the dimensions.  Remember that the paper is a perfect square.  On one side, using your paper trimmer with the scoring blade, you are going to score at: 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 3 3/4″ and 5″.  Then you are going to rotate the paper 90 degrees, and along the other edge you will score at 1 1/4″ and 4 3/4″.  The black diamonds are going to eventually be punched out.
Table Favor pic 3
Once your paper is scored, using your bone folder, you are then going to fold along each one of those score lines.
Table favor pic 4
Your going to fold your paper at each score line (only one at a time, so that you have no more than 2 layers), you are going to position your 1/4″ square punch as shown above. You can see that the score line is aligned in the center of the top corner, and that the edges of the paper are aligned with the side corners, you are then going to punch.  You will do this for every area that showed the diamond in the template I gave you.
table favor pic 5
Once you are done, the picture above is what your paper should look like.
table favor pic 6
When you fold your favor, you’ll notice that one of the end flaps is narrower than the others.  This is going to be the flap that will get folded to the inside of the box.  So on the right side of the paper (the one that you want showing on the outside), along this narrower flap, you’ll place a strip of Sticky Tape along the edge as shown in the picture. You will also place one on the opposite edge, on the wrong side of the paper.
table favor pic 7
You are going to remove the red backing on the sticky tape and very carefully, form your paper into a rectangular box.  Be very careful as you are aligning the edges because sticky strip is NOT repositionable.
table favor pic8
One at a time, you are carefully going to pinch each end as shown and tie a ribbon around it in a bow (if you’re good at tying bows) or a knot (which is my preference as I can’t tie bows to save my life!).
table favor pic 9
This is what it will look like after both ends are tied.  If you decide to leave it like this and not cut the edges as I did in the picture below, then I would tie the ribbons so that the knot is actually on the side of the favor, so that it sits on the table like this, as it is much prettier to look at when it is on it’s side.
table favor pic 10
In this one, I decided I wanted the sides to look a bit like those Christmas Crackers (is that what they’re called?) so I took a fine tip pair of sharp scissors, and cut the ends into a bunch of small strips, then very gently curled the strips in various directions with the edge of my scissors.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up!

I put together 2 videos to show you how I made this project – the first video shows you how to make the actually tote, the second video shows you how I decorated the front. 
Part 1: How to make the treat tote


Part 2: How I decorated the front of the treat tote



For today’s project, I designed this Valentine’s treat tote. You can see an open view of the treat tote below.  I custom designed the template for this based on the size of my treat bottles.  The bottles themselves are a square shape – they are 1 1/2" wide and just over 4" tall.   I purchased my bottles from a really neat online store I recently discovered, called SKS Bottle and Packaging, Inc, based out of the US.  Of course I paid a killer amount in brokerage fees because they shipped UPS (the brokerage fees cost about 1/2 the value of my order).

As part of our ongoing effort to make this blog as helpful to you all as possible, we’ve decided to test out a new feature.  Instead of putting the written directions to our project IN the blog post, we’re going to put the directions in the form of a downloadable pdf handout for you.  That way you can print off the handout and put it in your “idea” binder. Then whenever you want to make the project it will be a quick and easy process to refer to your handout.  What do you think?  Is this something that you would find useful?
Keep in mind that this is something we are testing out.  In other words we’re going to try it out for awhile and see how it goes.  If we find that it doesn’t significantly affect our workload then we are going to keep doing it.  If we find after awhile that it significantly adds to our workload then we may discontinue it.
The second thing I want to note is that the handout is going to be 1-2 pages long – and it is going to include a photo of the project, full supply list including item numbers, written directions and if required, a template.  In some cases, depending on the project, in the handout we may simply refer you to the video if we feel that a particular technique is too difficult to explain in words.  If you look at today’s handout that is exactly what I’ve done for the assembly of the box.  I was struggling with how to word the various steps of assembling the box so I simply stated in the handout to refer to the video for the box assembly.  In the handout you’ll find the link to this post where you can view the video.
Today’s project uses Stampin’ Up!’s Fancy Favor Bigz XL die.  It’s a Valentine’s-theme treat box, and it was decorated using some of the new products in Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Mini Catalogue.
Download the handout HERE
You can watch the video of how this project was made below. Please note that for some reason we are having issues with You Tube. For the first few hours after a video is uploaded sometimes it will show an error message, whereas other times it will play fine.  If you get an error message then please try again later.
 
We hope you enjoy this new feature of our blog!
penquine1
Wow, it feels like the days are racing by.  Every day starts early and ends late.  I have been engaged in the ongoing battle of trying to keep my 3 1/2 year old from escaping from his room in the morning and wreaking havoc on my upstairs.  Yesterday he opened the door (that had a safety knob), and scaled the gate (which was elevated off the ground too high to climb but too low to leopard crawl) and proceeded to empty out all the DVD’s.  Next I added bells to his door knob so that I could hear when he escaped, but unfortunately I did not hear it and he escaped again, climbed over the kitchen gates and served himself breakfast on the floor.  There were rasberries and cookies all over the floor.  My son was sitting in the middle, eating and sipping a juice which he had found in the fridge.  Now how is he getting over these gates you may ask if they are placed high?  Well he stacks his pillows on one side, throws his stuffed animals on the other side, and then climbs the pillows, hoists himself over and has a soft landing on the animals on the other side.  Needless to say I think I may start going grey soon, or perhaps I will plead insanity and check myself into an asylum.  It feels like I am pitting my wits against a 3 year old and am slowly losing. I thought I was in the lead when he kept turning his light on after putting him to bed.  I had turned the light off from the fan so that the switch had no effect.  I was so proud that I had outsmarted him.  I was wrong.  *SIGH*  the battle continues.
Well enough of that, on to my project lol.  Today it is a Punch Pal Penguin and fishes.  The penguin is ready to give a hug and lots of fishes.  The bag was simply the Stampin’ Up Scallop Bag die.  I love using those XL dies because it makes gift giving a cinch!  The icicle tutorial can be found here: icicle tutorial
penguine2
You can see the video on how the project was made below:
 
The project is fast and easy to make.  I hope you enjoy!FUENTE
andreawalford.com/?page_id=158

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario